Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Travel Essentials- Beauty

Although I packed a tonne of make-up and beauty products I have found that in Asia I am tending to go for the completely "bare-faced" look. At the moment, it is just so incredibly, unbearably hot here in China, so in order to avoid clogging my pores, any sort of foundation/powder is completely avoided.

In Australia, I tended to wear some make-up if I were to leave the house: eyeliner was a must!

In Asia however, (maybe because I am constantly travelling and waking up at the crack of dawn) the only constants in my beauty routine are skin-care related:

Photobucket

Face:
- Chanel (Precision) Mousse Exfoliante Purete - Cleanser
- Chanel (precision) Lotion Purete- Toner

- Clinique Super City-Block SPF30+ (Day)- for some reason I am not loving this as much as everyone else seems to. It actually feels rather oily on my face? The sales assistant was telling me how it can be used as a base as well. I think I'd much rather prefer an actual base. BUT i am still using it religiously as I do not want to prematurely age/get sunspots/skin cancer. Hopefully I can find something better in HK.
OR
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion (at night)- Again, not finding this to be that special. I think I will go back to Shu Uemura or try something else (Dior according to Annie + Alyssa) once I use this bottle up.

- blotting paper (v. important!) - I'm just using some Japanese brand one that C gave me.


Hair:
- Klorane Dry Shampoo (i've tried Batiste and Toni & Guy as well but they dont seem as good as Klorane)
- Moroccanoil- the REAL one. Thanks to E for recommending it to me. It's amazing. Keeps my hair nice and soft.


Occasionally if im going out for a nice dinner I will use:
- Majorlica Majorica Pressed Powder in No 2 (love the compact)- this is to combat the shine.

majorlica majorca foundaiton

- K-Palette Real-Lasting Liquid Eyeliner (Waterproof)- i got this in Japan because it was ranked number 1 eyeliner in RankingRanQueen and I loved it so much I went back and bought 4 more. Unfortunately I'm onto my last one TT....hopefully SaSa will stock them in HK. (i'll post you one E, promise!)

k-palette eyeliner


- MAC Sheertone Blush in Peaches

mac peaches blush

- YSL Touche Eclat No 2

YSL touche eclat



Current Lipstick that I'm using the most: MAC Speed-dial

speed dial

I really need to get a new mascara----the Shu Uemura one I have is on it's last leg. I have been avoiding using it at all since it's the only one i packed. Can only use it when i go clubbing =P.

I am planning to get some eyelash extensions with C when she gets to Shanghai. Can't wait!


Anyways, just want to say that wearing no make-up is greaaaat. I get to sleep in for an extra 10 minutes everyday. I never have to worry about any of my make-up wearing off and ending up in the wrong place. But it's obviously bad for photos as I seem to look so much shinier/blotchy/lifeless in photos if I dont have any make-up on. So i've been avoiding the camera as much as possible =P. Also, it seems in Asia, a great deal of girls wear zero make-up so I feel fine without it.

In Australia however, it seemed that everyone at least wore some make-up so I couldn't not....peer pressure?


xxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out my love. M-oil is amaaazzing :)

    Love you long time!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to have chaperoned you and Calista on your travels - 2 beautiful ladies who definately needed a male compadre. All the best, love the blogs. M.

    ReplyDelete