Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Vietnam/Cambodia Here I come

Today was a productive day. I woke up and emailed the Dean of Law with my rant about the administrators in the law faculty and my dilemma. Hopefully he will fix that.

Then, I hurried off to my eyelash extension appointment in Causeway Bay. I was lucky enough to find a place that did them for $180HKD. (This was the most natural one too, the more glamorous you want them the more expensive they are.) Furthermore, eyelash extensions are way more expensive in HK than in China, like at least double the price.

I spent ages trying to find the actual salon in Causeway Bay because HK is just so packed and within one building theres like a 100 different offices and stores. I ended up arriving 20 minutes late even though I left like 40 minutes before my appointment.

I really like them, they are really natural and I think they were done better than the ones I got in Shanghai. This girl was a lot faster and more efficient. Furthermore, the glue did not seep into my eyes. I will see how long they last however.

On the way home I got lost and ended up (once again) at the Jill Stuart store. I simply adore Jill Stuart! Her cosmetics are just uber girly and make you fall in love. I could buy everything in that store. It's a slightly more sophisticated/expensive version of Anna Sui.

I bought the Jewel Crystal Eyes Palette in No 4 (Pink Cameo) ($330HKD). The colour pay-off is amazing! Furthermore, the colours are just so lovely. I wanted to buy a more etheral-pink palette but I know it just wouldn't suit my colouring as much. But I really envy all the girls who can pull it off. It's so fairy-like.




I also bought the loose powder in Natural 01 ($370HKD). I didn't want it to be sparkly. I just wanted a nice finishing powder. (And truthfully, I just adored the little case it came in.)




I also bought the Fruit Balm in 01 Tint ($120HKD). It's so adorable, I couldn't resist! Every girl simply must have one.


Oh and because I spent so much I qualified to get some Gift With Purchases so I also managed to get a "hydro-filler" and "softening lotion"- the bottles are so cute. I don't want to use any of it because it's just far too cute to touch!

I then rushed to uni to run my errands and to see the Travel nurse to get my malaria pills. (I somehow also managed to walk out with a Typhoid Injection- my arm is in so much pain still!).

Anyways, this is me for now, I need to go back to trying to finish my Medico-Legal Issue essay. Ew.

Going to Mongkok after class tomorrow to buy some last minute things for Vietnam. I am too excited.

xox

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment